Why You Should Choose Neutral Paint Colors When Selling Your Home
Quick & Easy Cash Offer
No Agent = No Fees
No Expensive Repairs
We’ll Take It As-Is
In many of our other blog posts, we mentioned that neutral colors are highly recommended if you are considering selling your home. While several homeowners might be tempted to go bold in decorating and personalizing their abodes, painting with neutral colors is key to selling your home fast. Here are the reasons why bold is not always better when it comes to selling your home:
1. Versatility. Spaces that are painted in neutral colors allow more design freedom. For instance, a room with beige walls can easily be switched from a minimalist aesthetic to a rustic look without the need to repaint. On the other hand, a room painted in all pink cannot easily be changed from a pop art themed room to a rustic den. Neutral colored spaces act as a blank canvas that gives you freedom to change the feel and ambiance by just changing the furniture or accents.
2. Timelessness. Neutral colors are timeless. Most people don’t get tired of having neutral painted walls even after years. On the other hand, a wall with a bright orange paint, for example, may not be as tolerable to many. One day, you might just find yourself annoyed by it, and feel a sudden urge to grab a paint brush or call a professional painter.
3. Warmth. Neutral colors create a calming and inviting ambiance. Although they are basically perfect for any part of your home, the best spaces where you would want to use neutral colors are those where you want to create an inviting and welcoming environment (like your living room) or a relaxing space (like your bedroom).
4. Faster sale. With all other factors being acceptable, homes that are painted in neutral colors sell faster than homes that are painted in bright, bold colors. This is because most home buyers would want a home that does not need a lot of work when they move in. And a home painted in a bright color that does not suit their style might not exactly be “move-in ready” to them. When selling your home, look at your space from a buyer’s perspective. Make it easy for them to envision themselves living in your home.
5. Safer choice. You can never go wrong with neutral colors. Rooms that are painted in neutral colors are a lot easier to style than rooms that are painted in rich, bold colors. Additionally, it’s so easy to mix and match neutral colors without creating a mess. It is a lot harder to pick accents and furniture if your walls already have bold colors.
It’s also important to note that neutral colors aren’t just white, ivory, or beige. There are varying shades of neutrals available, including pewter gray which is on the darker, cooler side of the spectrum, and terra-cotta which is on the warmer side.
Neutrals do not have to look gloomy and lifeless. You can create different textures or add character to a space by using different shades of neutral colors. For example, black and white, or light blue grey and beige are classic neutral color combinations that do not scream boring.
When it comes to selling your home, bold is not always better. Stay on the safe side and opt for neutral colors instead.
No time or budget to prep your home for a sale? Our real estate experts can help you sell your home fast for cash! Contact us at 800-976-SOLD now to get started!