10 Easy Summer Home Maintenance You Should Not Skip
Quick & Easy Cash Offer
No Agent = No Fees
No Expensive Repairs
We’ll Take It As-Is
Soon, we’ll be welcoming summer. The temperatures will soar and the rains will pour. Because of this, it’s extremely important that your home is prepared for the changing weather. Here’s a helpful list of easy summer home maintenance tasks you should not skip:
1. Prepare your air conditioning. This task should be done before summer officially starts. Of course, you don’t want to wake up on a really hot day only to find out your air conditioning is broken! Have your air conditioning system serviced by a licensed HVAC technician. This way, any problem can be discovered early and dealt with quickly before the temperature soars.
2. You will be using your fans more often in the summer, so be sure to have it cleaned. Also, inspect the parts to ensure they’re all safe and working. And don’t forget the high ceiling fans, too!
3. Indoor air quality is often ignored, but it is highly important to make sure your indoor air is healthy and safe. One easy way to do this is to change or clean your HVAC filter every 3 months. The start of the summer is a good reminder that the filter is due some changing or cleaning.
4. Although summer is synonymous with a blazing sun, rains still occur during the season. Don’t forget to make sure your gutters and downspouts are clean and free of debris. Debris such as leaves, twigs, and other particles can cause clogs and can encourage pest infestation. Remember that this task may need to be done more frequently especially if you have several trees around your property.
5. With the arrival of summer also comes the various kinds of insects looking for food or dwelling place. Prevent unwanted guests such as ants, mosquitoes, flies, etc. from entering your home by inspecting your windows and doors for gaps, then add fresh caulking if necessary.
6. Check your outdoor faucets for any leaks. A simple, “harmless” leak can easily result in hundreds of gallons of water going to waste if ignored, which also means hundreds of dollars going down the drain.
7. Because of the high temperatures, your soil will dry up faster in summer. Be sure your plants are getting the right amount of water they need by planning your watering schedule. Adding an automatic watering system may also be worth the money, since it does all the work for you and will ensure that your plants are getting the water (and not the sidewalk!)
8. Summer is a great time to be outdoors. Give your exterior some cleaning if you haven’t already done so during the spring. Sweep the driveway, porch, patio, or deck, and consider giving these surfaces a power wash.
9. Summers mean bright and beautiful days. Clean your windows from the outside and inside for a better view of the surroundings!
10. Inspect your detectors. Be sure that your smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, and any timers are all in working order (and replace the batteries if necessary).
11. And lastly, get ready for family BBQs by deep cleaning your outdoor cookers and BBQ grills! If you have a charcoal grill, the gold old hot water and dish soap combination will be enough. However, if you have a gas grill, be sure to let the grill cook in high heat for about half an hour, then brush it once cool. Be sure to let your grill dry before using it.
So we have just listed simple ways to maintain your home in the summertime. What other tips do you have?
If you’re looking to sell your home in the summer, our team is ready to help you. To learn more about how you can sell your home fast for cash, contact us at 800-976-SOLD or visit our website https://www.webuyanyhousefast.com/ and fill out our property evaluation form!